Losing your phone is the worst feeling ever. But a handy service lets you locate it in a snap Rogers Phone Finder, as its name suggests, lets you locate your misplaced phone, so long as it’s turned on and connected to the Rogers wireless network. Compatible with all Rogers phones and available to all Rogers customers, this service is a snap to use. You don’t even have to download an app. Just register your mobile number on the Phone Finder website and the free service locates your device on an interactive online map. You get five free phone lookups each month, and extra lookups cost only 20 cents each.
How-to register for Rogers Phone Finder:
- From a tablet, PC or smartphone, visit rogers.com/phonefinder. Select Register to create an account.
- Once registered, you’ll receive a verification email with a link to your account. Click this link and a text message will be sent to your mobile device.
- Reply with “ALLOW” to complete your registration. That’s it! Now, if and when you misplace your device, you can find it within minutes.
Getting started with Rogers Phone Finder:
OK, you’ve registered your phone with Rogers Phone Finder. Now here’s how to use it should you lose your device:
- Go to rogers.com/phonefinder from a PC, tablet or smartphone. Click Sign In and follow the prompts.
- Click Locate My Phone to start looking for your lost phone.
That’s not all..
Find My Family Feature
Rogers Phone Finder subscribers can take advantage of its Find My Family feature. Enter a location, then receive either an email or text message, or both, that lets you know in real-time if your loved one reached that location. Imagine the peace of mind. Here’s how it works:
- Create places from the Phone Finder’s online portal or on a mobile phone (e.g., school, swimming lessons).
- The places you want to monitor can be specified by address, the date and time that you would like to be alerted, or the date and time your family member should be arriving at the location.
- Alerts will be triggered and you’ll receive a message if the user is not within the location you determined within the specified timeframe.
- Monitor up to three Places at a time and update your Places and/ or family members as often as you like.
For more details, visit rogers.com/findmyfamily
How-to add a place of family member:
- Log into your Phone Finder account.
- To add a family member (or friend), enter his or her name and telephone number.
- A text message will be sent to the contact, asking if it’s OK that you follow them. (If your contact isn’t already a Phone Finder subscriber, they will have to sign up now.)
- Once your request is accepted, you can monitor their location by going to the person’s details on the homepage. To do this, click on My Places and you’ll be able to monitor their location.