1. Snap a Screenshot
Android Ice Cream Sandwich finally brings a way to capture screenshots on your Android smartphone.
1. From any screen, press and hold both the volume down and power keys for about a second.
2. You’ll hear a chime and see your screenshot pop out.
3. Access screenshots in your pull-down notifications or in the Screenshots album of the Gallery app.
2. Every App in its Place
Ice Cream Sandwich brings with it an easy way to folder your Android apps, on a home screen or in the app tray.
1. Tap and hold the app you’d like to add to a folder.
2. Drag over another app you’d like in your folder. The app icon will change. Drop to place the app and create the folder.
3. To add more apps, just drag and drop them into your folder.
4. Tap the folder then tap Unnamed Folder to rename.
3. Beam it Across
With two NFC enabled Android smartphones running Ice Cream Sandwich or newer, you can tap the phone backs together to easily share browser pages, photos, videos, contacts and so on.
1. Under Settings, tap More under Wireless & networks.
2. Ensure NFC is checked (turned on). Tap Android Beam and ensure it’s also on (both phones).
3. Bring the phones together back to back to initiate Android Beam.
4. Tap the screen to share whatever you’re currently looking at.
4. Take the Wide View
Ice Cream Sandwich brings with it many improvements to the camera on your Android smartphone, including a new panoramic photo mode.
1. Open the Camera app.
2. With your phone in landscape mode, tap the panorama icon in the lower right corner.
3. Tap the green button and slowly sweep the camera left to right or vice versa.
4. Tap the button again when you’ve captured the scene.
5. That’s Me!
Fill in your Me contact pane to share data about you between your apps or use it as a business card to share via email or Android Beam.
1. Open the People app
2. Tap ME, the top-most entry.
3. Enter your contact information including email addresses, websites, etc..
TIP: Tap the Settings key to send your “card” to people as a VCF file and you can leave your business cards at home.